Double Joy, Double Celebration, Double the Love this February
Kick off the Dragon Year to an auspicious start with Dragon Lady for Lunar New Year and add some Silver glitter to this Dragon Lady viola a "shimmering" Dragon Lady drink for your loved ones for Valentines . One recipe for two lovely occasions.
Dragon Lady, Double Celebration for Lunar New Year
While customs and traditions vary by country and region, they frequently include fireworks, parades (often involving dancers in lion and dragon costumes) and red envelopes full of money; lucky symbols include the colour red as well as citrus fruit like tangerines and oranges. The Lunar New Year is often kicked off the evening before by a feast with family involving specific dishes such as longevity noodles and dumplings that symbolise health, luck and prosperity in the coming year.
• 60ml Gin
• 30ml Lemon Juice
• 30ml Dragonfruit Powder Syrup
• 15ml Cointreau @cointreau
• Egg White or Vegan alternative
**Add Silver edible glitter (optional for Valentines)
Dragon Lady for Valentines
For Valentine's gift ideas, traditional choices often include flowers, particularly roses, chocolates, and Valentine's cards, typically in shades of pink or red. This year, consider incorporating Dragon fruit powder to commemorate both Valentine's Day and the Lunar New Year, offering a dual celebration with "Silver Dragon Lady".
Dragon fruit Syrup
*2-3 tspn Dragon Fruit Powder
*1 cup Water
*1 cup Granulated sugar (or as desired)
(1) In a small-medium saucepan, over low-medium heat, add water, then sugar, and sift the dragon fruit powder. Using a whisk, mix the ingredients together. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then turn the heat off and allow it to cool.
(2) Keep syrup in bowl or pour into a mason jar or lidded container and place in fridge to cool completely before using.
(4) The syrup will continue to thicken as it cools.
You can save the dragon fruit for another use (it's great on top of ice cream, yogurt, or oatmeal!) or discard it.
Method to make Dragon Lady -
*Mix altogether and give it a good shake in your cocktail shaker.
Let's watch the video :-
For non-alcohol drinks and to "cleanse" all the oily food that you have consumed over the Lunar New Year, have a cup of warm Blue Tea or Jasmine Green Tea.
Or make your own Bubble Milk Tea with our Butterfly Pea flower tea + Black boba + Coconut Milk.