How to make Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tart with Wholemeal Crust?
BLUE is the NEW BLACK!
It's our Birthday Month and here to celebrate Bluuuue - we give you this beautiful Blue Butterfly Tart with Wholemeal Crust recipe by Chloe.
😇• Big thank you to @my.blue.tea for sending me the powder. I love it so so much! 😃" by Chloe
We will also be introducing "BLUE OCEAN" - Pure Butterfly Pea Flower Extract this month. Simple to use - saves loads of your time, consistent and healthy. You can use a teaspoon daily in a pot of 450 ml water or you can use them in your cooking / baking. And you can add a drop or two into your Champagne or White wine and see the change in colour. A great party trick.
Butterfly Pea Tart with Wholemeal Crust
Ingredients for Crust :
* 1 ¾ cup wholemeal flour
* 1/3 powdered sugar
* 100 grams dairy-free buttery spread
* 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
* Pinch of salt
Ingredients for Filling:
* 1 cup full fat coconut milk
* 1 ½ cup almond milk
* 4 tbsp granulated sugar more (adjust to taste)
* 1 tsp agar agar powder
Health benefits of BUTTERFLY PEA or scientifically known as CLITORIA TERNATEA
TO MAKE THE CRUST :
*Add all ingredients to food processor, pulse to combine until you get wet sand texture.
* Transfer mixture to tart pan, press firmly to the sides and bottom of the pan.
* Place it in the chiller for 15 minutes.
* Meantime, preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
* Once ready, remove the pan from the fridge and pierce the bottom of the tart with a fork.
* Bake it for 20 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
* Remove the tart form the oven and let it cool on the counter while you prepare the filling.
TO MAKE THE FILLING :
* Mix 2 tsp blue butterfly pea powder with 1-2 tbsp hot water. Set aside.
* Place almond milk, sugar and agar agar in a small saucepan, cook the mixture on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until agar agar and sugar has completely dissolved. (make sure to stir constantly)
* Turn the heat down, add in coconut milk and the blue butterfly pea mixture, stir to combine well.
* Strain mixture thru a fine mesh sieve, then pour directly to the cooled tart shell.
DARE you to TRY all our Blue Tea blends!
Joining the Blute Tea team are Blue Goddess with Oolong chinese tea and Goodnight Sweet Dreams Blue tea to aid in your sleep or just relax.
THE NEW HUE IS NATURAL BLUE - BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER EXTRACT - INTRODUCING "BLUE OCEAN" - PURE BUTTERFLY PEA EXTRACT
You can use BLUE OCEAN straight out of the bottle which is naturally blue. One of the rarest and most coveted natural pigments is blue which occurs rarely in plants and animals. An edible natural blue food is quite rare in nature. Enter "BLUE OCEAN" (Clitoria ternatea or Blue Butterfly pea vine flower) screaming “I’m true vibrant blue because nature, in its unruly variety, has made me so and, bathed in my colour blue, I bring you wellness in body, mind and spirit.”
You can now also achieve a great color with just a few drops BLUE OCEAN, Butterfly Pea Pure Extract.
* A bright blue concentrated extract from the Butterfly Pea flowers * Plant based * Woody flavour * Adds a natural sweetness * Totally soluble * Mixes well with herbs & spices * No preservatives * Natural alkaline water
(If you are using Blue Ocean for your cocktails, Blue Ocean extract will not water down the cocktail but you will be amazed with its colour changing property. it's a great Party Trick!).
This recipe is contributed by Chloe - we love her Instagram Page - you guys must follow her for some inspiration and ideas. Chloe is an interior decorator and a mother of 3. More about Chloe in our next recipe.
Stay tuned for more recipes by Chloe and all our Chefs & Passionate Cooks!
Pandan Tart with Avocado
Beautiful Butterfly Pea Tartlets