How to make Pandan Pancakes with Peanut Filling?
Our Blog is fun - first we gave you Blue Butterfly Pancake and now we have asked Jennifer to come up with a Green Pandan Pancake using and adding Pandan Powder to the batter. This gives the aroma and fragrance to the pancakes. You can have it for breakfast or for tea. Recipe courtesy of Pandan Love.
* 1½ cup self raising flour
* 3 tbsp caster sugar
* 2 ½ cup milk or coconut milk
* 1 whole egg
* 1½ tsp MY BLUE TEA - Pandan Powder
* 2 tsp water to make it into paste
(mix the Pandan Powder with water to make into paste)
* 200 gm grounded roasted peanut
* 4 tbsp of caster sugar * (Mix together)
Pandan Pancake with Peanut Filling
1. In a large bowl, whisk flour and sugar. Set it aside.
2. In an electric mixer, beat egg and milk on high speed.
3. Change to low speed. Add flour mixture bit by bit into the mixer and mix well until combine.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Brush some butter on the surface.
5. Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the pan for each standard sized pancake.
6. Cook until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second side when pancakes have bubbly surface.
7. Add some grounded roasted peanuts on top of one pancake and sandwich the peanuts with another cooked pancake.
8. Serve warm.
So green, so fragrant and yum!
Blue Herbal Tea - our best seller with lemongrass, ginger and with Pandan, of course
Butterfly Pea Blue Pancake - so gorgeous
Photo courtesy of Chef Sue
Or you could try a Blue Pancake - instead of Pandan Powder replaced it with our Blue Butterfly Pea powder and mixed them. Use about half-a-teaspoon and dissolved it in hot water (2 teaspoon hot water).
Recipe and photos contributed by -
Pandan Love or better know in their Blog as "5FoodWay"
We are the Food Bloggers aka Seumas and Jennifer. We live in Sydney, Australia. We chose "5FoodWay" as our blog name because growing up in South East Asia, some of the best food are found in "five foot ways" - ie: hawker stalls, hawker push carts, etc. Our goal is to visit restaurants and try as many dishes as possible. We will taste the food, review them and give you our honest feedback. So, sit back, relax, eat, drink and be happy! Bon apetit!