WHAT THE!!! Read on and learn how to make Purple Sweet Potato Marble Cake using a Thermomix
Some comfort food for you this winter baking and that we're still in partial restrictions so here's a yummy Purple Sweet Potato Marble Cake.
“Comfort foods are just tat so comforting, because they provide both a psychological comfort and nutritional benefit,” certified nutritionist Brian Bender says.
Often at times, these foods remind us of fond memories or occasions — birthdays and holidays, for example — connected to friends or relatives, according to Bender.
"Although comfort food will never break your heart," Gabriel says in a news release, "it might destroy your diet." But hey, this Purple Sweet Potato Marble cake is not one which you bake daily, so enjoy this especially with winter just a cold breath away. Here is the recipe generously contributed by Melanie. Melanie is a Thermomix Consultant and she has a few more bakes and recipe up her sleeve. She also conducts classes online and if you grab your thermomix from her she's more than happy/willing to guide you.
*300 g butter, softened and cut into pieces, plus extra for greasing
* 370 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
* 200 g caster sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla sugar or ½ tsp natural vanilla extract (see Tips)
* 1 pinch salt
* 5 eggs
* 1 tbsp baking powder
* 70 g full cream milk
BUY PURPLE SWEET POTATO LATTE POWDER (see Note below)
(1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a bundt cake tin (approx. 22-24 cm) and set aside.
(2) Place butter, flour, sugar, vanilla sugar or vanilla extract, salt, eggs, baking powder and 40 g of the milk into mixing bowl and mix 40 sec/speed 5 with aid of spatula. Transfer half of cake mixture into prepared bundt cake tin, leaving remainder in mixing bowl.
(3) Add Purple Sweet Potatoes Powder and remaining 30 g milk into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 5.
(4) Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Mix a further 5 sec/speed 5.
(5) Layer purple sweet potatoes cake mixture into bundt cake tin.
(6) To create a marble pattern, swirl through both layers with a fork.
(7) Bake for 50-60 minutes (180°C) or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
(8) Allow cake to cool in tin for approx. 15 minutes before transferring to a serving plate and leaving to cool completely. Cut into slices and serve. Enjoy with a cup of your favourite ButterFly Pea Tea, in all its variety.
All our natural plant based powders will now come in 50 grams pack and that includes :
* Butterfly Pea Powder
* Kaffir Lime Leaf Powder
* Roselle Powder
* Pandan Powder will still be in 50 grams but we're are looking at 100 grams pack and would like to hear your thoughts, please email us - firstname.lastname@example.org
We love this short top-down on this cake. Great job Melanie!
Purple Sweet Potato Latte Powder will only be available end of June 2020 (limited available) and if you are interested, please pre-order either via email to email@example.com or send a message to 0478 413 573.
ABOUT MELANIE, The Home Cookery :-
This recipe was contributed by Melanie in Melbourne. Many thanks Melanie. And here is a getting to know Melanie and if you wish to grab yourself a thermomix she is able to assist you there.
"Thank you for the opportunity to introduce my product/service. As you know, I am a Thermomix Consultant for Thermomix Australia, helping customers who wish to purchase the Thermomix as well as proving ongoing support through their Thermomix cooking journey.
You might like to follow Melanie on Instagram and her FB Page for wholesome and nutritious foods & recipes using Thermomix -
My contact details are as follows;
Thermomix Consultant ID 120279
0430 429 851
and yes, that's the Thermomix that was used to make the Purple Sweet Potato Marble Cake.