How to make Blue Swirl Bread Loaf with Butterfly Pea Powder?
Bread is a staple food prepared from a dough of flour and water, usually by baking. Throughout recorded history it has been a prominent food in large parts of the world and is one of the oldest man-made foods, having been of significant importance since the dawn of agriculture.
Now this is a twist to bread and give you some colours at the breakfast table. Here's the recipe -
1 cup luke warm water
2 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp granulated sugar •
2 1/2 cup bread flour
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp raw cane sugar
1/2 tsp pink salt •
1 tbsp luke warm water
Beautiful ! Gorgeous ! Superb !
Magical Blue Swirl Bread Loaf
* Proof yeast by mixing water, yeast and sugar. Set aside.
* Add flour, sugar, oil and salt to stand mixer bowl, mix on low speed for couple of seconds.
* Then add in the yeast mixture.
* Mix until you get a very smooth dough. - (About 10-15 minutes)
* Then divide the dough into half. Form one of the dough into a round shape then place it in an oiled bowl, set aside.
* Add water and blue powder, mix well.
* Knead the other half of the dough on a floured surface together with the blue powder mixture until very smooth. (Add a tbsp of flour if needed).
* Place blue dough in an oiled bowl.
* Let them rise at a warm place for an hour (cover with kitchen towel)
* Once ready, roll out the white dough into a rectangle shape. Repeat for the blue dough.
* Place blue dough on top of the white dough then roll them again with slight pressure. Roll the dough into a log. Then place it in a loaf pan to proof for another hour.
* When ready, bake it at preheated oven (175 degrees Celsius)for 20-25 minutes
* Serve and enjoy.
Butterfly Pea Tea - so blue, so yum!
This recipe is contributed by Chloe - we love her Instagram Page - you guys must follow her for some inspiration and ideas. Chloe is an interior decorator and a mother of 3.
“Blue Apple Magic Tea” now available online. This fragrant & tasty tea contains Butterfly Pea herb, white tea, apple pieces, corn flower, calendula and various herbs and its Bluuuuue.