Blue Pea Rice Nasi Lemak has never been this Gorgeous and Healthy!
We hope everyone is staying safe during this challenging period, and we would like to inform our customers that our online store is still open 24/7. We are sending parcels and orders Australia wide and internationally with some delays due to fewer flights and lock downs in various countries. Australia Post has details on their website so please check if you are ordering from overseas. Across various social media, we are seeing that rice is now highly sought after in many supermarkets, so why not add some fun to your meal by making our beautiful Butterfly Pea Blue Rice.
We have rolled out a series of #StayAtHomeRecipes on our Facebook Page - MY BLUE TEA covering a range of recipes that are easy to make with the whole family. Whet your appetite with our Durian Avocado Smoothie, Malaysian Pandan Chicken Curry, Thai Chicken Coconut Soup (with Vegan options) and Vegan treat protein balls. Get the world's first Pandan Dalgano recipe on our Instagram @my.blue.tea and more recipes will be published soon including "How to make natural Play Dough" with MY BLUE TEA's all natural plant based colours ? Family fun time!
To spice things up, we are looking for new recipes for culinary ideas so if you are ready to be the next Master Chef or just enjoy pottering about in the kitchen, let us know! BUT this is not limited to food, it can be cosmetics, body care, organic cleaning materials anything related to the health benefits of our Superfood Powders. We are offering three lucky people a value pack of $100 of our products so email us on email@example.com to share your culinary experiments!
When we were approached by Asian Inspiration to feature and share some of our recipes on MY BLUE TEA Facebook Page and website - they selected Rita's "Blue Rice Nasi Lemak". Rita is a wonderfully generous person and was more than happy to share her gorgeous recipe with Asian Inspiration and for you here.
You may also like Rita's Pulut Tai-Tai recipe. See recipe here: Pulut Tai-Tai
COCONUT RICE :
• 3 cups jasmine rice
• ½ tablespoon salt
• 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
• 2 pandan leaves, tied into a knot
• 3 cups coconut milk
• 1/2 cups water
• 1 tsp spoon MY BLUE TEA – Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Powder
ANCHOVY SAMBAL :
• 6 tablespoons dried chilli paste
• 4 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
• 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
• 4 shallots, peeled and cut in half
• 3/4 cup water
• 6 tablespoons peanut oil
• 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
• 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
• 3 tablespoons tamarind water, or 2 tablespoons tamarind liquid concentrate
• 6 banana leaves (12 by 9 inches each), cleaned
• 1/2 small cucumber, sliced
• 3 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half
• Fried Peanuts and Anchovies (or white baits)
FOR NASI LEMAK :
1. Prepare the coconut rice:
Wash the rice by gently rubbing it with your fingers in a bowl filled with water. When the water becomes cloudy, drain the water and repeat the process until the water is clear. Place the rice in a large saucepan and add the salt, ginger, pandan leaves, coconut milk, and water and cook a few minutes more. Cook all the ingredients in a rice cooker. When the rice is done, remove the garlic, ginger and pandan leaves and stir the rice. Divide into 2 portions. One portion white and one portion mixed with MY BLUE TEA - Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Powder. Then mix both rice types together.
2. Prepare the anchovy sambal -
Blend the dried chilli, garlic, ginger, shallots, and ¼ cup of water in a blender to a smooth paste with the consistency of applesauce.
Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the sambal paste, salt, and sugar and stir-fry until fragrant and until the oils separate onto the surface. This takes about 10 minutes.
Add the onion and cook until the onion is soft for another 5 minutes. Add tamarind water and the remaining ½ cup water and mix well to combine with the paste. Now add half the crispy anchovies and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
Taste the sambal and add more sugar or salt if needed; you want a balanced sweet-salty taste. Turn off the heat.
3. To serve, line each plate with a banana leaf. Place about 1 cup of the cooked coconut rice in the middle of the leaf.
(If you like, press the rice into a bowl first and then invert it onto the plate for a neat domed shape.)
* Put about 3 tablespoons of the anchovy sambal on top of the rice.
* Place a few slices of cucumbers, half of a hard-boiled egg, and
* Finally 1 tablespoon each of the peanuts and fried anchovies around the rice.
* Serve warm.
Blue Butterfly Pea Nasi Lemak
Now you see how easy it is to use Blue Butterfly Pea Powder on your rice, you can do it Rita's way - sprinkle the Blue Powder over the warm rice and mix it.
Or you can mix some Blue Butterfly Pea Powder in your rice cooker when the rice is 90% cooked - sprinkle in some Blue Butterfly Pea Powder in half of the rice and mix and then let the rice cook for a marbled effect.
Blue Butterfly Pink Lemon Soda Water
Rita's Nasi Lemak is not for the faint of heart! It's spicy so a lovely accompaniment to this gorgeous "Blue Rice Nasi Lemak" is a Blue Butterfly Lemon Soda Water. This is a quick recipe done with our Blue Butterfly Pea Powder - refreshing, alkalising and delicious! Great for Parties and with Spicy Blue Nasi Lemak. Grab it now at our Easter Promotion with NSW Buy Regional Promotion until 13th April 2020.
BLUE BUTTERFLY PINK LEMON SODA WATER :
(1) Add half to 1 teaspoon of Blue Butterfly Pea Powder to 150ml tepid water in a glass. Stir to dissolve Blue Powder, gently breaking up any lumps, until mixture is even and colour has dissolved.
(2) In a 1.2 litre jug, add ice, lemon slices and honey to taste (optional).
(3) Pour Blue Butterfly mixture over ice and lemon, then top up with Soda water. You will see the colour changing effect.💕💕💕
(4) Stir well and serve. Garnish with mint leaves or a slice of lemon.
Note - you may substitute lemon with grapefruit or lime. They're just as delicious and refreshing.
SWEET RITA NYONYA KUEH
Rita does a lot of private catering and if you have a function or would like to order some as a treat for yourself, contact Sweet Rita Nyonya Kueh in Sydney, NSW.
and Wash your Hands!