Bunga Kantan or 'Torch Ginger' Salad with Nasi Kerabu
NASI Kerabu gets its colours from the vibrant blue of the Butterfly Pea flowers and now conveniently with our Butterfly Pea Powder. To add to the flower theme of the dish, why not combine it with a refreshing Torch Ginger flower salad?
This is the first recipe with Torch Ginger or Bunga Kantan - we shall share a few Torch Ginger Salad recipes with Summer fast approaching and a twist & flavourful salad for your Christmas gatherings this year - Pretty! Pretty Pink Torch Ginger salad.
For Anchovy Sauce:
* 30g Anchovy fillets in olive oil * 1/4 cup Chicken stock * 25 g Lemongrass, sliced * 15 g Galangal, sliced * 15 g Shallots, sliced * 3 Kaffir Lime leaves or 1/2 tspn of Kaffir Lime Leaf Powder * 1 tbsp sugar * 1/2 tsp salt
To make anchovy sauce:
* In a saucepan, bring anchovy and chicken stock to boil over medium heat. * Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. * Add lemongrass, galangal, shallots and kaffir lime leaves. * Season with sugar and salt. Remove from heat and strain.
Torch Ginger salad with Blue Rice
For Blue Rice: (Optional)
* 1 cup Jsmine rice, washed * 1/2 tspn (more if you want it vibrant blue) MY BLUE TEA's - Butterfly Pea Powder
To Cook Blue Rice :
* Place the rice along with MY BLUE TEA's Butterfly Pea Powder into a rice cooker and cook till fluffy.
NASI KERABU, a signature dish at Nanyang Tea Club in Haymarket, Sydney with Blue Rice using our Butterfly Pea Powder - all natural plant based colour
For Salad Mix:
* 5 - 10 grams of MY BLUE TEA's Torch Ginger dried slices
* 2 tbsp Lotus petals, shredded
* 2 tbsp Lemongrass, finely sliced * 2 tbsp Shallots, finely sliced * 2 tbsp Bean Sprouts * 2 tbsp young Mango, shredded * 2 tbsp Long Beans, sliced * 2 tbsp Cowslip creeper flowers * 2 tbsp fresh Butterfly Pea flowers (Optional) * 2 tbsp Kaffir Lime leaves, shredded * 2 tbsp Roasted Chilli powder or roasted chilli flakes * 2 tbsp Ground roasted coconut * 2 tbsp Dried Shrimp floss * 2 Limes, sliced
To Prepare Torch Ginger :-
* Soak Torch Ginger dried slices in warm water for about 3 mins
* Sieve and set aside to remove excess water.
## Saves you time from cutting moreover it is not easily available in Australia
## Our Torch Ginger (Bunga Kantan) is pure flower. We remove the outer layer of petals and all stems. Just the pure sweet flower which means 50 grams of dried slices of Torch Ginger is equivalent to >10 Torch Ginger flowers.
A giant Nasi Ulam or Herb Rice - photo courtesy of Red Chopsticks, Penang
Herb Rice or Nasi Ulam recipe will be published on our Blog soon.
* In a bowl, combine the salad ingredients, except the lime slices, with the anchovy sauce and rice, mixing well.
* Serve with sliced lime.
Blue Inspiration Tea - now available online
Blue Inspiration now with twice the anti-inflammation benefit with Butterfly Pea flower & turmeric pieces combining to spice up and kick start your day. No matter what we've set out to do in life, we all need encouragement to follow our dreams. The right words at the right time can make all the difference. Whether you need inspiration or want to inspire, Blue Inspiration Tea reinvigorates the spirit and refreshes hope to get you going for that early morning kick start.
Its unique blend of butterfly pea flowers, turmeric pieces, ginger roots, cinnamon, cloves, liquorice root, cardamom, coriander, parsley leaves, black pepper, juniper berries, dandelion roots, sage leaves and sarsaparilla roots will surely lift and set you on your way. Blue Inspiration Tea smells and tastes sooo Heavenly.
Some Torch Ginger Salad photos below and recipes shall be shared soon. Remember to subscribe and be a member of MY BLUE TEA.
All Australian Summer Salad - Mango, Passion fruit & Torch Ginger Salad - recipe on our website Blog soon.
Cucumber & Torch Ginger Salad - great & refreshing for Summer
The above recipe was first published by The Flavours.