Best type of “instant noodles” - No MSG, No artificial flavourings, No additives...and bursting with flavours!
Just imagine this combination of flavours and textures - mildly spicy, playfully sweet, a surprising touch of sour, full-bodied savoury and excitingly crunchy...
Any guesses what dish could hold all these different experiences? Well, today´s Malaysian-inspired noodle dish will get those stomach juices working up a storm!
Satay Sauce Noodles can be made with or without peanuts. It is a hot favourite with families and it is really quite difficult to find someone who actually doesn´t like it!
Here's a simple recipe to enjoy Satay Sauce Noodles.
* Portion of noodles for 3 people or about 440 grams Hokkien noodles or vermicelli.
Soften in boiling water. Drain water and dry.
* 2.5 tbsp @my.blue.tea Satay Sauce Powder
* 2 tbsp of boiling water
* 3 tbsp of soy sauce
* 1 tbsp of sesame paste (or peanut butter)
* 1 tbsp of sesame oil
* 1 tbsp of black vinegar
* 2 tsp of sugar
* Sprinkle of @my.blue.tea Borneo Native Cili Padi
* @my.blue.tea Coconut Milk Powder (optional)
* Add veggies of your desire e.g. bean sprouts, carrots, bok choy, spring onions, coriander leaves etc.
* Add protein of your desire e.g. chicken, beef strips, turkey or tofu.
* Add peanuts. If you have a nut allergy, you can also use sesame seeds.
* Add a sprinkling of Borneo Native Cili Padi.
Follow the video below.
Children love this dish! They can note the spiciness but it´s mild, and most importantly, it is yummy enough for them to actually polish off all the noodles on their plate!
Kerabu Bee Hoon recipe is available online and also made with love by Grace.
Photos and recipes for the above recipes have been contributed by our Brand Ambassador and food lover, Grace, who is an International Tax Accountant, tax advisor, an enthusiastic educator and the mother of 3 lovely kids. Do follow @grazia.lim to be a part of her cooking adventures. You will be amazed what's in store!
And there are more treats coming up!
Why not finish off the meal with a delicious Pandan Ice Recipe from a mother and daughter team? All you need is four ingredients, three steps and it's completely budget-friendly! For Pandan lovers, this is the perfect dessert choice!
Or cool off with a cup of refreshing Bamboo Tea! This is suitable for all ages.
My Blue Tea´s plant-based superfood Bamboo tea contains silica and is infused with a delicate blend of Pandan and Kasturi Lime. It is beneficial for the hair, skin and nails. What's in it:
Bamboo leaves (The bamboo leaf contains 70% organic silica)
Pandan leaves (natural antiseptic benefits)
Kasturi peel (calamansi lime) (rich in vitamins C and B6)