How to make Jalapeno Kaffir Lime Corn Bread?
"I just recently received the kaffir lime leaf powder, and I've fallen in love with it!"
"Good" corn bread is a matter of personal taste. Some like it sweet, some like it dense, others like it with a lighter texture (cake like) and there are many other preferences, including those that use canned, fresh or frozen corn. ... I strongly prefer a infusion style corn bread with some Asian flavours and of course, corn.
JALAPENO KAFFIR LIME CORN BREAD
For 4 Person(s)
• 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
• 1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
• 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
• 1 Salt
• 1/2 Teaspoon MY BLUE TEA - Kaffir Lime Leaf Powder
• 4 Tablespoons Agave Nectar (or substitute with Maple Syrup)
• 1 Cup Milk
• 2 Large Eggs
• 4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted and Cooled
• 2 Jalapeño Peppers, seeded and diced
** Optional - A handful of coriander (added into the dough)
Jalapeno Kaffir Lime Corn Bread
(1) Preheat oven to 350F. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
(2) In a separate bowl, combine milk and eggs and whisk well. Add the butter, continuing to whisk until well combined.
(3) Add wet ingredients plus agave nectar to the dry ingredients, stirring until all are well incorporated.
(4) Lastly, stir in the diced jalapeno's.
(5) Coat a loaf pan, cast iron skillet or other baking vessel with nonstick spray and pour in batter. Bake about 30 minutes, until interior is still just slightly moist but cooked through.
Blue Herbal Tea - our best seller
(Photography by Ian Neo Photography)
You might like to enjoy this Jalapeno Kaffir Lime Corn Bread with a pot of Blue Herbal Tea or Blue Latte or make a cup of Blue Milk for the children. The Blue Butterfly Powder is very versatile, taste earthy or neutral - something for you to challenge your creative self. There's a "Green & Yellow" colour in there somewhere in this. Test it in your home lab! Go create some beautiful colours.
Recipe Notes :
Use your judgment on the quantity of jalapeno peppers. If you're looking for corn bread with quite a bit of kick, opt for two. If you'd like a more subtle balance between the heat and the lime flavour, just use one. We used an 8" square Pyrex glass baking dish to bake the corn bread, so this is a viable option if you don't have a cast iron skillet. Kaffir Lime Leaves wonderful herb and easy to use and store in this Powder form.