Updated: Aug 11
Easy to make dumpling recipe
Connecting with our new friend Jackie
It was almost midnight when we connected with Temper & Taste (@temper_andtaste) on Instagram and asked if she, Jackie, would like to create dishes with and for us. Jackie's photos are so gorgeous and she's such an awesome and passionate cook with great photography skills! We continued following her pretty posts and then Jackie ordered some Butterfly Pea Powder earlier in the week. How good is that?
Our new Victorian friend, Jackie received My Blue Tea Superfood Powder just before Dan Andrews, the Premier of Victoria, announced the 2nd lockdown on Melbourne and parts of Victoria.
We hope everyone (particularly Victorians) can keep their spirits and energy up during these challenging times. We want you and your family to stay safe. My Blue Tea is offering some great specials just to support those under lockdown in Victoria.
Read all about it here: My Blue Tea redefines lockdown blues .
Recipe: Colourful Ombrè Dumplings you can make at Home
Jackie then decided to create some healthy recipes for her family while being home to #stayhome and #staysafe. And oh my, using My Blue Tea Butterfly Pea Powder Jackie created the most beautiful Blue Ombrè Dumplings. So delectable, so gorgeous and so yummy!
Definition of ombre: ombre is the French word for colour that is shaded or graduated in tone.
What you need
FOR THE BLUE FLOUR
* 5 gms of @my.blue.tea Blue Butterfly Pea powder
* 85 gms of plain flour
* 45 ml of hot water
FOR THE WHITE FLOUR
* 90 gms of white plain flour
* 45 ml of hot water
FOR THE FILLING
* 250 gms of mince meat of your choice
(or tofu / veggies for a vegetarian dumpling option)
* 1 knob of grated ginger
* 1 sprig of spring onion chopped
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp of cornflour
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* 1 tbsp of chicken stock powder (*if required)
* 1 tsp of white pepper
Let’s Cook 👩🍳
1. For the blue dough add the flour and blue pea powder into a mixing bowl and create a well in the centre carefully pour in the hot water and use a wooden spoon to mix. When all the flour is lifted from the bowl into a tough ball, pour it out on the table and knead for five mins till dough is smooth. Place in ziplock bag to rest for 20 mins and repeat for the white dough
2. Add all the ingredients into the mince meat and marinate. Set aside.
3. Place your thumb into the centre of the blue dough and even out into a ring. Break the circle and roll into a log. Centre it and use rolling pin to press gently downwards before rolling out and flattening.
4. Roll the white dough into a log and place on top of blue dough. Wrap the blue dough over the white and roll out together (See highlights)
5.Cut dough in half and then into six pieces per log 12 in total. You will see a white circle in the centre and an outer blue rim. Even it out with your hands till white is more than blue. Use rolling pin to flatten edges. Add a tsp of mixture and pleat (see @vernahungrybanana for video on how to)
6. Steam for 10-15mins and serve with soy sauce, chilli oil and 1 tbsp of black vinegar 🤤🤤.
You may, if you wish to add a few more colours of dumplings by using Roselle for Pink, Pandan for Green and wait for more plant based colours to be added in our product list.
Pandan Green Tea with Blue Chocolate Tea would be perfect for Father's Day
Do you know how else we use these wonderful Pandan leaves?
Nigella Lawson may have harped on about how PANDAN will become “the next matcha” in Europe, but here in Southeast Asia, Pandan leaves have been, well, almost everything to the people: it is a natural food colouring (green) because of its chlorophyll; it naturally gives food a beautiful fragrance and a natural air freshener because of its beautiful fragrance and has loads of health benefits.
Blue Chocolate Tea is for Father's Day
What's blue and chocolatey and awesome all over? Our brand new Blue Chocolate tea! (Yes, it DOES smell heavenly like chocolate!) This Blue Chocolate Tea contains Butterfly Pea flowers, black tea, peppermint and various herbs. It’s great as a after dinner tea and perfect for any chocolate connoisseur or an after dinner mint chocolate.
All order to Victorian address, My Blue Tea is still giving away 2 x 4 cups Sampler packs tea free to help you cope with the lockdown as Blue tea has calming effects.
"I grew up sitting at the kitchen table watching my mum cook. Naturally cooking has become an important part of my life.
It wasn’t until I moved from home that I discovered my love for cooking. I read plenty of recipe books, watched YouTube videos and taught myself quick tips and tricks to perfect certain recipes. My food heroes are Ottolenghi, Jamie Oliver and Aussie favourite Adam Liaw.
When I develop recipes I think of the flavours I love which are south East Asian inspired, coupled with texture and visual appeal my aim is to put a twist on dishes.
From dumplings, curries, pastries and desserts I’m always on a quest to perfect each dish and live a delicious life!"
Please follow Jackie on her Instagram on - https://www.instagram.com/temper_andtaste/
a lot of yummy recipes and ideas for your own inspiration.
And if you would like to be featured here and contribute to our recipes, do get in contact with us here - https://www.mybluetea.com.au/contact