How to make Kaffir Lime Leaf Cheesecake ?
When we decided to add GREEN (current Commonwealth Games inspired) colour to our line of Superfood Powders which would be the one? Kaffir Lime Leaves or Pandan Leaves - so we manufactured and launched both.
I fell in love with Kaffir Lime when we had this wonderful Kaffir Lime Chicken Curry by Jackie M and also the Chicken Coconut Broth with Mushrooms called Tom Kha Gai! Love the aroma... and not the leaves that kept sticking in your mouth! Kaffir Lime Leaf Powder to the rescue!
Catherine Teo made you this gorgeous cheesecake and she's great; totally co-operated and came up with this Green yummiest Kaffir Lime Leaf Cheesecake...... Move over Matcha - now these are the new Green!
* 5" x 1 Spring form cake tin
* 250 gm Philadelphia cream cheese( lite) ( room temperature )
* 75 gm Digestive biscuit (Grind till fine)
* 75 gm Rice Malt Syrup 25 gm
* Olive oil spread( melted)
* 125ml water1 teaspoons gelatine powder or 1.5 gelatine sheets.
* 1/3 teaspoon vanilla paste ( optional)
* 1/2 tbsp MYBLUETEA Kaffir Lime Leaf Powder
* More Kaffir Lime Powder to decorate your cheesecake (sprinkle on top - Optional)
* 1-2 Finger lime caviar (Optional)
Kaffir Lime Cheesecake (with hidden finger limes caviar in the cake) that burst in your mouth
* Mix biscuit and melted Olive oil spread till able to form a lump.
* Spread evenly on the cake tin n press firmly .Chill for at least 30 min. Gelatine powder: * Mix with 125 ml water n bring to double boil till gelatine melted. Set aside. Creamcheese : * Use hand mixer to beat the cream cheese, vanilla paste and Rice malt syrup till smooth and creamy. * Pour in the melted gelatine n continue to beat till smooth and creamy. * Mix cream cheese batter with Kaffir lime powder n stirs will.
TO ASSEMBLE THE CHEESECAKE :
*Take out the chilled cake base and pour Creamcheese batter and smoothen the top by gentle moving the cake tin left and right. * Lastly, cover with aluminium foil n chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. * Gently use a knife to run over the side of the cake before remove the spring form cake tin. * Slice into 4 or 5 pieces and serve chilled.
ADDED INGREDIENT (OPTIONAL)
* You may add Finger Limes Caviar in between the cheesecake to give it a bit of zest when one bites into it. It's yum and it feels like biting into Ondeh-ondeh where there's a bust of palm sugar in your mouth.
Bite size Kaffir Lime Caviar Cheesecake ! Yum
Photography by Ian Neo Jeremy of Ian Neo Photography
And if you wish to refresh about the health benefits of ingesting Kaffir Lime Leaf Powder here's the link - Health Benefits of Kaffir Lime Leaf.
The Miracle Blue Tea - limited edition
Have it with a cup of warm Miracle Blue Tea - all superfoods for healthy living - buy The Miracle Blue Tea
* Fold in some fresh finely chopped Kaffir lime leaves for the extra hit of taste. *Add another 1/2 tsp of gelatine powder if prefer a firmer texture.