How to make Gorgeous Purple Smoothie Bowl with Purple Sweet Potato Powder?
Recipe is adapted from Rhian's Recipes - link below
This Purple Sweet Potato Smoothie Bowl is so easy to make and requires just 3 ingredients. It’s a beautiful lilac colour, a shade very rarely naturally found in the food we eat!
Purple Sweet Potato Smoothie Bowl (Vegan) SaveIt’s perfect for breakfast because the sweet potatoes will charge you with lots of sustainable energy to keep you fuller for longer.
Purple sweet potatoes, or murasaki imo or simply Okinawan Potatoes as they’re called in Japanese, are often used in Japanese desserts and their taste lends itself to sweet things much better than regular sweet potatoes, as they’re much sweeter and their aroma is almost perfume-like.
This Purple Sweet Potato Smoothie Bowl is delicious as it is, but is even better when you scatter delicious toppings over it – think:
* fresh fruit * desiccated coconut * coconut flakes * nuts * seeds * dates * dried fruit * freeze-dried fruit * chia seeds
* 1 banana
Create all you can with Purple Sweet Potato Powder - some ideas above
Purple Sweet Potato Smoothie Bowl (Vegan) Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 10 mins Total Time 15 mins Serves : 2
20 or 40 grams of MY BLUE TEA - Purple Sweet Potato Powder (or to your desired colour) 230 ml (1 cup) unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
or 230ml (1 cup) of coconut water
Optional: Spoonful of coconut yogurt
To serve (optional): * Fresh fruit * Desiccated coconut * Coconut flakes * Seeds * Nuts
(1) Use 20grams or 40 grams of Purple Sweet Potato Powder (saves you time from peeling, boiling and mashing etc) and blend with the milk, yoghurt together with 2 bananas (peeled and cut)
(2) Blend until completely smooth or even, adding more milk if necessary until you achieve your desired consistency
(3) Garnish with fresh fruits. Sprinkle more Purple Sweet Potato Powder on top. Serve up and enjoy immediately
(4) You can change the colour of your day with Blue Butterfly Pea Powder with blueberries and/or Roselle Powder with raspberries - to create 2-layered smoothies of different colours
Blue Herbal Tea - our best seller
You may also try this recipe with Pandan Powder - in fact Pandan Powder goes extremely well with coconut and peanut butter.
Yum! This Roselle & Blue Butterfly Smoothie Cup
Don't forget to check out our Superfood, Super Powder Pack offer and newest addition, yellow/orange colour from another lovely plant Safflower. Majestic Yellow!
Hi, I’m Rhian! I make easy, undetectably vegan + gluten-free recipes, including healthy comfort food and naturally sweetened desserts using plant-based ingredients.